The Board of Directors for Circles USA is inviting applications for a new Board Advisory Council. The purpose of this Council is to create a space for dialogue between the Board and Circles stakeholders, including former Circle Leaders. The application deadline is Friday, January 14.
Who: The Board aims for the Council to reflect the diversity of the Circles network in the U.S. and Canada.
• For example, the Board hopes to engage those representing different roles: former Circle Leader, Ally, Volunteer, Coach, Coordinator, Executive Director, Community Partner, etc.
• Several seats on the Council will be held for former Circle Leaders who have taken on leadership roles at their local chapters.
• The Board also hopes to engage different kinds of chapters: faith-based chapters, nonprofit-based chapters, government-based chapters, new chapters, veteran chapters, rural chapters, urban chapters, etc.
• The Board values diversity: ethnicity, age, region, sector, gender, sexuality, religion, and political views.
What: Here are a sample of discussion topics for joint meetings between the Council and Board:
• Reviewing our latest data and considering the Circles model’s impact and opportunities for improvement
• Advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion
• Pursuing systemic change through the Big View
• Linking poverty alleviation with economic/workforce development
Where/When: For now, Council meetings are planned to be entirely virtual using Zoom. The Council will have one 90-minute meeting per quarter (every three months). Selected Council members will be asked to commit to an 18-month term.
Why: The Board wishes to solicit input from Circles stakeholders, including former Circle Leaders, to inform decisions about the future of Circles USA. The Board wishes to create a comfortable way for members of the Circles network to interact with the Board more regularly. This Council offers leadership opportunities at the national level.
How: Please complete this short application/online survey by Friday, January 14.
Please note: This is a volunteer Council. To appreciate Council members for participating, each person will receive one registration to the next CUSA Conference. A modest thank-you gift will be provided at the end as well. Circles USA cannot provide a stipend/honorarium to avoid any perception that the Board is paying the Council to agree with them.
PS: To learn about Circles USA’s Board, here’s a video recording from their session at our April 2021 Conference.